The vibrant community of Burwood is just 14 km from the Central Busines District of Melbourne. Burwood is the home to a juvenile centre, Allambie Reception Centre, Princess Elizabeth Kindergarten for the Deaf, Orana Methodist Children’s Home and two retirement villages – Fountain Court and Cameron Close. Burwood has a lot of options for education including primary and private schools. The prestigious Deakin University is one of the popular choices for those present in and around Burwood. There are two shopping strips located in Burwood, both of which contain a lot of shops fulfilling the needs of the residents of Burwood.
Due to its various facilities available nearby unlike many places, it has witnessed a lot of people move in. If you are one of those looking to make Burwood your home, we can help you with the relocation. Move My Stuff has a lot of centres in and around the eastern suburbs of Melbourne and who is the better option than the removalists who have been working in the same area for more than 15 years! As we know the lay of the land better than any other removalists, we will make your relocation smooth and hassle-free.
The Service we provide in Burwood
We understand every move is unique with regards to requirements. Our main focus is to cater to all your
specific needs during the process. In Burwood, we provide the following:
Furniture Removalist ( Residential)
We provide a full extensive Furniture removal service where our experienced Movers will professionally wrap and protect all your furniture items, dismantle and assemble whatever required, make sure they carry all the necessary tools in the truck to make your move as cost effective and easy as possible. We have a 99.4% Satisfaction rate from our customers that have moved with us in the past.
We know it can be tricky when moving in and out of apartments, booking elevators, dealing with Building managers, Blocking loading docks, negotiating with parking permits from Councils etc. We carry a lot of expertise and can hold your hand and guide you through this process like a breeze. Thanks to our 10 years of experience in this industry.
Office / Factory Relocations
We have a separate team that specialises in Office relocations and understand what it needs to successfully move your business. Having a minimum downtime is crucial, so we will ensure we do whatever it takes to get you up and running in no time.
Some people plan ahead and book storage well before, and in some peoples cases things don’t go as planned and they need last minute storage requirements. Settlements falling though, rental property not in the move in condition, Builders failing to deliver on time are few reasons why you may need to store your belonging. We have a state of the art Storage facility where we always keep space for our customer that we are moving for such last minute issues. You may get want to get some more information from our sister company’s site, Store My Stuff
Packing / Unpacking
If you are short on time and need some help with packing and unpacking your household contents (apart from the large furniture items, which the movers will pack/unpack on the day of the move), we can send some help. We usually recommend 2 to 4 Packers, based on the size of your home, 1 to 2 days before the move to help you pack all the smaller parts of your house, including, but not limited to, Your clothes, artwork, Kitchen Utensils, Show pieces at home, Laundry etc etc.
Business Furniture Deliveries
If you are a Furniture retailer and need a regular, safe and reliable company to deliver your furniture to your clients, we can do it for you. In fact we currently deliver to over 8000 homes each month and understand what it needs to take that stress off you, so that you can concentrate on your business.
All our moves are covered under Public Liability Insurance and Goods in Transit insurance to ensure your goods are in safe hands. There are some fine prints that are very common among the Furniture Removals industry in Australia with responsibility and negligence, which we are happy to explain to you prior to booking.
Why choose us when moving from Burwood
You may have a lot of inhibitions about your relocation and we, at Move My Stuff, are here to analyze and sort everything out for you. We go an extra mile for our customers to provide a perfect move that you rightly deserve. We have helped more than 108,000 families in the last 10 years in Melbourne to have a safe and comfortable relocation and we would love to do the same for you.
Want to know more? Here are some reasons why choosing us for your relocation from Burwood is the best choice.
- We have highly trained and experienced removalists with us who have been associated with the relocation industry for more than a decade and are familiar with the local areas. Hence, they will be able to step in and handle all the obstacles in a jiffy!
- We have our presence in all the major suburban areas of Melbourne with a lot of trucks at our disposal; so if you want to take our help at the last minute, we will get on the job immediately.
- We charge a very nominal and affordable fee for the whole relocation. We do not charge any depot fee or any fuel charges and make sure that you get the service worth the amount you spend.
- We are reliable and trustworthy at what we do. You will be kept in the loop every step of the way about the progress of your relocation and once we have taken up the job, you do not need to worry about the safety of your stuff at any point.
Trained, Experience and Insured
Every piece of stuff that you move should be carefully packed to avoid any damages and transported safely with full protection. With the amount of work you already have at hand, packing and moving all the stuff is only going to end up taking a lot more of your time than anticipated.
It is often better to hire packers and movers who know the best way to efficiently and quickly pack and transport all your things safely and only those who have put in good years of prior experience can give you that perfect, stress-free relocation.
At Move My Stuff, most of the removalists we have with us have put in a decade of experience working and shaping the relocation industry as it is now. They have high knowledge about the nuances of relocation and the best ways to handle them. It is better to have such experienced removalists during your relocation so that you can always have someone to immediately take care of any problems as they come.
We also have an in-house trainer who constantly keeps the removalists updated with the current trends and groom them to be as perfect as one can be. We provide full coverage insurance schemes that protect your things from unexpected events.
If you want to know more details about your relocation services, you can always call us anytime.
Some Cool Facts about Burwood
- The name of the place, Burwood, was named after a house in the same name built by Sir James Palmer in the year 1852. Ballyshanassy was the name of the area where the first settlement was witnessed in the year 1858 which was further changed to Norwood and finally to Burwood.
- In the year 1904, Burwood had a total population of just about 600 people with a savings bank, a post office and two churches, and the area was surrounded by farms and market gardens.
- The major reason for the development of Burwood came in the early 1910s because of the extension of the Toorak Road timeline which was further developed along the Burwood Highway post World War II.
- Australia’s first drive-in theatre was started in Burwood in 1954 called The Burwood Skyline, having a capacity of 652 cars and was later increased to 743. It had a natural amphitheatre setting due to the presence of the Gardiners Creek Valley nearby. It was finally closed in 1983 after the visitors dwindled.
- Less than 50% of the residents in Burwood were born in Australia while more than one-fourth of the residents were born in Asia, a majority from China, India, Malaysia and Sri Lanka.
We understand that everything relocation is far different than the other and we do our best to accommodate our customer’s requirements in every one of them. We are one of the most reliable relocation services in Melbourne and its surrounding area and we make sure that our services justify the value for the money you spend on your relocation.