Upgrading To Extensive Home Security When You Move House
Worried for the level of safety offered by your home? Since a home offers a safe and comfortable place for you and your family to come back to, ensuring its safety is often your top priority. An extensive home security system can help prevent crime, save lives, and create a secure environment for your family. If you are looking to move home, you may consider upgrading to a more extensive home security system to enhance the safety of your loved ones and your property. The advances in technology have resulted in the development of a wide range of home security solutions and gadgets. This has made it easier for you to find a home security solution that perfectly matches your specific needs and budget.
An Overview of The Home Security System
A home security system is a combination of various tools, gadgets, and technology solutions that help in preventing forced intrusion into your home. Since every home is unique, its security needs also vary, which is why each system needs to be customized to match specific user needs. Hence every aspect that contributes to making your home safer is a part of the home security system. This includes ensuring that the doors and windows of your home are properly placed and sturdy enough to install an extensive video surveillance setup. Today home security solutions featuring integrated remote video surveillance and motion-activated lighting and alarm systems have become quite common. However, you may also choose to upgrade to smart security solutions comprising smart locks, voice-activated access, automated shutters, and other solutions using smart technology.
Key Components of a Home Security System
Even though the home security solutions for individual homes may vary significantly, some key components are present in every system. A typical security system installed for securing a home includes the following components.
- A control panel that is mostly attached to a wall and features a password-protected touchpad you can use for disarming the system.
- Different types of sensors are attached to the windows and doors to alert the when they are opened.
- A wide array of motion sensors is designed to trigger an alarm upon detection of motion around the house.
- Closed circuit TV cameras (these are optional) are connected to your computer or smartphone for covering blind spots.
- An alarm that is generally high-decibel and loud enough serves the purpose of alerting the neighbors and frightening away intruders.
Understanding The Working of Modern Home Security Systems
Being aware of the key components of a home security system is not enough to make the right choice. It is equally important for you to have a proper understanding of how these systems work to help you choose wisely. The sensors that form a part of the security system make can alert you to any unauthorized movements in your home. The systems then send similar notifications to the security company and the local police in the form of an alarm. Upon being alerted, the security company can call up your home to ascertain the cause of the alarm, while the local police might send around a patrol party for the same. In case the system is connected to your smartphone or computer, you can also receive a similar notification. In this case, you can verify the cause of the alarm and inform the security company and the local authorities about the same. You can even check real-time footage and store it if need be for future reference.
Are Security Systems Worth The Cost
The cost of upgrading to an extensive home security system is a key aspect that might prevent or hinder your decision. In most cases, installing such a security system is quite expensive and you might consider it to be an unwanted overhead. However, when you consider the significant increase in crime rates across Australia, investing in such a system will seem worthwhile. In addition to enhancing the safety of your loved ones, an elaborate security system also helps you get a decent discount on home and contents insurance premiums. This is because the insurance companies feel assured that intruders are less likely to attack a home with such a system, which in turn minimizes the losses for them resulting from claim settlement in case of theft or burglary. So even with their high initial costs, security systems prove to be a wise investment for protecting your family and your loved ones.
When Should You Upgrade Your Security System
Upgrading to an extensive security system may be advisable for you in the following situations.
- You are moving to a new home spread over a large area that has multiple entries and exit points along with several blind spots.
- You are moving to a bigger home in a scarcely populated neighborhood and are alone with small kids or elderly relatives.
- You have a vast collection of precious items and high-end gadgets and devices that you want to keep safe.
- You are moving away for an extended time and want to ensure the safety of your property and your belongings behind your back.
Opting for an extensive home security system is a decision that you are least likely to regret given its long-term benefits. It is the key to creating a safe space for your loved ones and preventing unwanted individuals from setting foot on your property when you are there or not around.