The Best Songs to Add to your Moving Day Playlist
The physical arduousness of moving to a new place is well known. But not many disclose the significant impact it can have on mental health. Many people in Australia who have moved to a new house will agree that moving is one of the most stressful events of their life.
Whether you are moving for the first time or you are a seasoned one, the task is not at all easy. Proper steps are always required to ensure the planning and execution go smoothly.
So, instead of hiring professional packers and movers, you should prepare the moving budget and checklist at least 2 – 3 months in advance. You should also involve your friends and family members in the task. And to lower anxiety and stress, you should create a playlist of songs.
Why should you have a playlist for moving?
Music is known for decreasing negative emotions like anger, fear, anxiety, sadness, depression, stress, etc. Songs are so much required that professional movers also listen to songs while moving as it helps to soothe the nerves and make the overall process enjoyable. Some benefits of listening to songs while shifting are mentioned below
- Music enhances the overall performance of a person. So, enjoy music to be more productive.
- Music helps to improve your memory, so the chances of remembering every single item will increase while doing a task.
- Moving with kids will become more comfortable with the help of music, as you can easily engage kids by playing their favourite songs and rhymes.
- If you feel emotionally compromised because of the moving stress, songs can help improve emotional well-being.
- Music has the power to make boring or monotonous tasks like cleaning, decluttering, and packing enjoyable and easy.
- The music you are interested in can help you to focus better on the task.
- With music, you can easily reduce depression related to moving day stress.
- Music helps to release a hormone known as endorphins which are responsible for making you feel excited and happy.
- Listening to songs can improve brain functionality.
Here's your perfect moving playlist
So, you should listen to your favourite songs when planning or doing work. And if you are confused about what your moving playlist should be, here are a couple of playlists that are perfect for a moving day.
All walks of life music playlist
This music playlist includes classic songs from the 1990s to 2019. Everyone in the family can enjoy these songs relating to shifting. You can enjoy this moving playlist in the shuffle to play songs randomly and to keep every family member happy and excited. Also, you will feel delighted to listen to songs from every decade. This will also help parents to know the songs their children like and vice versa. Making your shifting fun with below-mentioned playlist
Songs before the 1990s
These classic songs can energize, motivate, inspire and set the mood for shifting and is a perfect moving day playlist. Below listed catchy chorus have classic hit by international and Australian music artists
- Funkytown – Pseudo Echo
- Eye of the tiger – Survivor
- Great southern land – Icehouse
- Down Under – Men at work
- I Will survive – Gloria Gaynor
Song of the 1990s
Below is the list of songs from the most revolutionary time of the music industry in Australia which has the power to generate energy in you. It is the best moving day playlist.
- Good riddance (Time of your life)
- Prisoner of society – the living end
- These days – Powederfinger
- Keep on moving – 5ive
- Tomorrow – Silverchair
Songs from 2000 to 2019
During this time, technologies and digital sound have changed the music industry's tone and pace. The same is reflected in the below track for moving
- Dance monkey – Tones and I
- Memories – Maroon 5
- Better now – Post Malone
- Moving On – Marshmello
- The Greatest – SIA
- Wake me up – Avicii
- The Draw–Bastille
- It’s my life – Bon Jovi
- I believe in you – Kylie Minogue
- The Climb – Mile Cyrus
Get it all done music playlist
Shifting needs the completion of multiple tasks. You need to settle, move, clean, pack and declutter. Even if you seek help from a removalist, lots of work must be completed without professional help. So, to energize yourself, you can use the ultimate moving day playlist
- I’m feeling good – Michael Buble
You can feel good about shifting to your new home with these best songs. Be ready to welcome a new life, day and dawn.
- If you are happy and you know it – Nursery rhymes
After shifting to a new home, you can play this nursery rhyme to celebrate it with your friends and family. If you have children in your home, they will also enjoy it.
- The rocky theme
You can play this song to celebrate the victory of finally shifting to your new home.
With music, you can easily get through with moving process without feeling stressed of packing stuff in cardboard boxes. Moving is tedious, but you can make it creative with the help of the playlist mentioned above. It will also help you to make your move memorable. You can also enjoy songs of Billy Joel, Ray Charles, John Mayer, Rascal Flatts and Michael Buble. With the songs for moving and little help from professionals you can feel motivated and begin every movement of your shifting trip with great energy.