Office Moving Checklist: Download and Print for Free
The bigger the office, the more time you will need to prepare and plan for an office moving.
Moving a complete office locally or into a different city is a massive project in itself, isn't it?
But how can you experience an easy office moving? What planning must be involved to save your time, efforts and money?
If all these questions run your mind about office moving, then this blog will help you through it.
One of the most important things that you should keep in mind while moving your office is that it is not your home where only your family members must be measured.
It is an office move.
Here you can involve all your employees, business colleagues and most significantly your customers.
Every task should be designed in such a way, that it has a minimal shock on your customers and other stakeholders.
How do you make that happen? When you have a corporate office moving, then you need to arrange for a checklist for efficiently moving your office.
Checklists for relocating your office
There are Top 10 Office moving checklists for hassle-free office relocation:
- Need to Select a New Office Space– If you have already selected a new location for your office, then it will be perfectly ok but if not, then do it right away. Consider all the necessary criteria that you want to your new office location to have and therefore choose one. You got to find a place that is at par with the current one.
- Fix the time frame for the movement –It is essential to fix the date by which you have to move from your present office. Once you know the ultimate workplace move date, you can plan the rest of the office move tasks consequently. The first step is to decide the date when you want to transfer from the current location to a new position.
- According to the checklist, Make a team and assign major tasks–Moving an office is moderately a transformation. Every employee has his/her own expertise at handling relocation. Figure it out, and it will help in the fast development of the work. This way, you can avoid overstraining any single individual. So, make the team and assign them their roles and responsibilities.
- List out office inventory–An average size office contains various employees, and so it is noticeable there will be multiple equipment, furniture, gadgets, printers, desktops, etc. All you have to do is formulate a proper list of all these inventories. Decide which material you want to modify and what items you have a preference to sell or discard.
- Think of professional office removalists–Removalists can move your office equipment, tools and other small stuff without any hassle. The professional team of experts are reliable and can handle even the confidential and essential things of the office. It considerably reduces the downtime, and your operations will not suffer due to relocation. So, build sure to check for the feedback and reviews of the latest removalists previous to calling them to meet up with you.
- Self-packing day –Your employees may have particular types of essential items on their desks like pen stand, photo frames, figurine, table clock, relevant documents, etc. They can label and pack, the box consequently so that when they achieve the new office, they can locate and dissembles their belonging.
- Inform stakeholders about office movement–Make a list of all your organization, stakeholders, customers etc. who must be informed about the planned office move. As you know, business involves dealing with several other significant personalities, organizations or institutions, and so they must know about your office relocation plan.
- Update the office address to all clients and other stakeholders–When you are officially moving your office to a new location, you have to report to regarding the change in the business address. Also, inform the IRS, Franchise Tax Board, subscriptions, your bank, insurance providers, vendors, etc.
- Arranging stuff at the new Office–Since its business office relocation; you can ask the packers and movers company to rearrange the things at the new location. Being professional, they are more experienced and equipped at arranging the packed stuff. It saves a lot of time.
- Office Infrastructure and Network– You need to take care of the telecommunications and networking infrastructure. You have to properly coordinate about the affecting of the servers, check for the proper internet broadband in the new location, move the offered existing number or take new numbers, etc.
Other Important Things Which Usually People Delay while Relocation
While relocating office, the address changes, lease changes and hence, here is a checklist for you to review. Do not delay these 11 trivial tasks as they can burden you later, impacting business operations:
- Order business cards with the new address
- Get the floor plan of the new office
- Be on your planned budget for relocation
- Double-check the data security
- Thoroughly inspect your new office premises
- Hire professionals for cleaning
- Review your new office
- Clean and pack the common areas
- List important contacts to inform about relocation
- Check for parking space at the new office
- Store confidential records
Hiring a right packer and mover can set aside your major worries and hassles. Irrespective of office size, they are experts in handling the entire process of office moving. With these checklists of major and trivial stuff in hand, we know you are going to do a great job at office moving.
- 6 Ultimate Apps That Help to Ease House Moving Burden
- The Only Moving House Checklist You Will Need in 2019
- Change of Address Checklist You Must Have in 2019
Speak to our moving expert if you are searching for Local Removalists in Melbourne.
Suburbs we cover:
- Eastern Suburbs Removalists
- Western Suburbs Removalists
- Northern Suburbs Removalists
- Southern Suburbs Removalists
- Inner Melbourne Suburbs Removalists
- South East Melbourne Suburbs Removalists
Check out the complete list of suburbs we cover in Melbourne.